Tuesday, March 27, 2007

MOTHER - the answer to all our prayers


Greetings my dear readers… hope the day, so far has been good for U and hope it only gets better. Today I’ve picked an incident that I witnessed in front of the restaurant I usually have breakfast at. Before I get to the incident that I witnessed I’d like to pay tribute to God’s most intelligent / important creation and in fact his representative on earth residing thankfully in almost every household – MOTHER.

Mother, of all humans is a special distinct class. They are not born, they become Mothers when they give birth to their babies or assume the role of a mother to a child and mature as a woman who has given birth to another life on this planet. She is a blessing as a baby daughter, an uncontrollable little monster during school, an even more rebellious girl when in college and finally the most well defined person on the planet – a heavenly representative in the form of a Wife and a Mother after that.

Mothers not only have the responsibilities of motherhood but the entire family’s well being depends on how she conducts things at home. A father may be called the head of the family and no lady in her true mind would object that, but there is not enough emphasis given to the working woman or the housewives, without whom, the head of the family would rather be only a head without the remaining body. Well that isn’t a pretty sight or a pretty thought now, is it….?

Ok… now let me get to the incident that happened today morning!!!!

I was standing at one of the pedestal tables and having my daily dose of Idli-Vada (a South Indian delicacy) at this restaurant called “Balaji Uphar” close to the park I go to walk early in the morning. While I was eating this delicious dish, I noticed a woman asking for alms, right in front of the restaurant. I have never had a sympathizing eye for people who beg with their children in their arms and begging in the name of feeding the kid although it sounds very rude, I have enough reasons to believe that its more of laziness that drives them towards this or someone else acting at the back of all this and making them beg for money. Me giving them money is not going to make things better.

But after a little while my attention fell on the baby she was carrying on her chest. The child was tied to the mother in a way that the child was actually facing the people coming from behind the lady. The kid was naturally moving its arms and stretching it out of impulse. (I don’t know how I came to notice it in the nick of time) I was enjoying seeing the baby wiggle its hands here and there not worried about what mom is doing and all of a sudden from no where came a man from behind who came very close to the child walking past it. This is when I noticed a true mother’s affection and love for the child. She wasn’t scared of the man attacking her as it was a public place and no in their sound mind would do that. She swiftly changed direction and turned to face the man who didn’t even notice she doing so as he was busy getting into the restaurant for breakfast.

As an on-looker what I realize from what had happened is – the mother did not want anyone to get the impression that her son/daughter was also into begging. It goes to show the love the mother has for her child and that she wants her child to grow up and come out of the clutches of what is holding her in begging for survival. As I have pointed out in my previous blog, every person has the choice to make things better for themselves or for others and thereby proving themselves as worthy human beings and thereby good leaders. Well a lady whom more than 90% of people would right off as just another beggar woman, she qualifies as one of the greatest people on the planet to me. All though I do not advocate the fact of her being a beggar and not doing some household job, I still cannot right her off as a loser and in fact, would class her as a winner and a leader at that moment for that act of good thought for her child.

Hence I would like to endorse the thought that no matter who you are and what you do, it is the inner person and the true person that you are and what you think that decides whether you are a good person or not… but please do not go under the impression that if one thinks straight alone, he/she is a good person, people who only think and do not act on the right things are as good as untapped crude oil inside the earth. It is a matter of time when everyone has to act upon their thoughts in the right direction and hence prove to themselves rather than others that they are good human beings.

I would like to thank all of my readers for the gift of their time and patience shown in reading my blogs till date. I would appreciate if you could pen down your thoughts at the bottom of this page in order for me to improve on the content.
Thank you…

1 comment:

nan said...

If this can
wipe your sorrows
And unfold
better tomorrows

Make you earn
a good living
And perhaps
a human being

YES I SHALL BEG!

Hats Off to all mothers in da world